Remember how I mentioned our neighborhood was having a garage sale over the weekend? Well, I was able to do a little shopping and scored this massive mirror for 5 bucks!
Yes, that would be a $10 price tag. I just asked if they’d take $5 instead and they said yes right away. I was so excited. This mirror is HEAVY! Definitely a well-constructed mirror. It’s also huge – about 3 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 feet (or 44”x28”). It’s pretty simple, but I kinda like it that way. Plus, I can’t get over the size for just $5. Still so excited.
I don’t want to spend any more than the $5 it cost to purchase the mirror, but I do have an abundance of paint, stain, and sand paper in our garage. Right now, I’m thinking about putting it in one of our guest bedrooms above the bed:
As far as paint and stain colors, here are some I can choose from (I can also lighten or darken all the paint since I have both white and black paint):
- light gray
- dark gray
- basically all the grays we have on the walls of the house
- dark stain (that would make it more closely match the bedroom set)
- black polyshades (a mix of black paint and wood stain)
- several blues
- emerald green (might be a fun and different compliment to the mint lamp??)
- leave it as is (medium wood stain)
- leave it as is and sand it to make it look vintage
So, leave a comment and tell me your vote for what to do with my new mirror!
P.S. I’m leaning towards the black polyshades since I haven’t used it yet and I’m interested in how it will turn out, but I’m still open to suggestions!!